Riders
Calgary

For Riders of Victory Motorcycles 
in Southern Alberta

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Lets ride

Don Morberg
Site Owner

If any of our members would like to set up a Host-A-Ride please let us Know and we will Post it on the web.

Even if you would like to set up a week night coffie ride or meet it would be great to get a few of us together.

May 28, 2009 at 12:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Franko

James (or everyone):

I'm always interested in riding - Monday and Tuesday nights work best. I live in the SE.

May 28, 2009 at 2:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

8-Ball

Hey all,

I have only just joined the site - and have only been riding for a few years.  Last fall I purchased a 2006 Vegas 8-Ball - and get out to ride whenever I can fit it in to my schedule.  (I am self employed - and dammit if that doesn't take up a fair chunk of time!)  Anyways - as posted above, I think it would be great to get out with other owners for a group ride some time.  The season is getting away on us - so we might as well act on this.  Anyone else interested?  Lets throw out a date - be it an evening, or a weekend.

September 12, 2009 at 4:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BMC

I routinely take rides to Whitefish, Montana from Airdrie. Nice 2 day ride staying at the Pinelodge in Whitefish. I am a shift worker so weekday runs are what is most enjoyable as traffic is usually light and accomodation's are easy to find. Round trip is 600 miles. If anyone is interested let's hook up. 

September 30, 2009 at 12:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Linda&Walter

We are riding to Canmore today using the old highway 1A. We will leave at around noon. 

text  walterstorm@gmail.com  and let us know. 

May 1, 2011 at 12:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Stormy

So if you are up to a ride on Sunday May 15th. We normally take the back hiway 'Cowboy Trail' through the country. Let us know by texting Walter's phone 403 921-4995 or send an email to walterstorm@gmail.com.

--

Its always a good day to ride.

May 11, 2011 at 2:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gUbU

Hello Riders

Just back from our Vegas ride and already itching to hit the road again.

S0... General Cattle Call

Just wanted to invite any other riders along or to meet up in Radium

My Wife are going to ride the BC loop out of Calgary on June 16-17th

•  Leaving Calgary 8:00 Saturday
  •  South 22 Longview
  •  Crow’s Nest Pass West Thru Fernie to Cranbrook
  •  North up Highway 93 to Radium
  •  Overnight in Radium….
  •  Sunday Highway 93 eastbound over Storm Mountain
  •  Link up with the Trans Canada and Lunch in Canmore
  •  Homeward bound

drop me a fast note if you want to join us and need our rally point or if you just want to meet us in Radium

Radium Hotel.. tell them your riding and get the 60$ room rate

Apple Tree Inn @ 1-800-350-1511

Please let us know if you can come along,

--

June 4, 2012 at 11:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lolita Webber

I know it is only January but the Motorcycle Show has me all excited!! Was great to see so many ppl and learn so much! I am trying to start penciling in the ride dates for this summer as I have a heck of a time getting time off. Due to needing to ask for time off so far in advance I am asking if anyone knows of any of the dates other than what I will post here for rides in the area...... I may be incorrect in some of these dates so if I am please correct me. June-15th-Ride for Dad/Calgary, June-22nd and 23rd-Ride for Sight/Ponoka, July-20th- Chaps for Snaps/High River,August 15-18th-Women's motorcycle Confrence in Kananaskis, Alberta. Please post if there is more that I may hit in the area....including Southern Alberta.

--
January 6, 2013 at 8:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gUbU

gUbU Member

anyone out there interested?

We (She who must be obeyed) and I are doing a ride to Key West this year, I'll post dates and route once they are confirmed, right now we have 6 riders but always looking for more.... hey.. I'll buy the Key Lime Pie for all who make the run.. its only 5011 km each way!

--

January 8, 2013 at 4:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gUbU

May Long (18, 19 & 20) Running one of the Kootenay Loopsout of Calgary. Depending on Weather running clockwise Calgary, Fernie,Cranbrook, Creston, Nelson, Nakusp, Revelstoke, and Golden & Home…

Drop us a line if you want to make the run with us, planedovernights are Creston & Nakusp with lots of asphalt in between.

--

April 4, 2013 at 9:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gUbU

I know this is short notice butlet’s do the last long weekend of summer in the land of $2 beer… Eureka Montana

August 30, 31. September 1&2

plans..

•  leave Friday , this would put us in Eureka Friday night, rendezvous point and time TBD.
  • Saturday, run Libby Yaak  & back Saturday night will be again in Eureka.. tour the VFW and a few other clubs
  • Sunday, do Logan’s pass and re-enter Canada this will get us ahead of the returning weekend rush.  once back some people will opt torun for Calgary while others may stay the night in Waterton or some other pointof interest. Monday… it’s all yours

You will need a validPassport!!!

We have booked our rooms at

• Silverado Motel (camping is alsoavailable) : 406.297.7777

If full, you could also try

•  Ksanka Motel: 406-297-3127
  •  River Stone Lodge (the Cabins):TollFree: 866-345-0026

Please feel free to pass along theinvite, our only rules.. respect other riders.. and no drinking & riding…

--

August 13, 2013 at 11:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Darryl

I'm thinking of buying a Victory and wanted to get some feedback on service in Calgary;

- recommended shops and mechanics

-scheduled maintenance and cost

-any un-planned maintenance and cost

Any comments would be appreciated

Thanks

Darryl

September 3, 2013 at 11:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DrifterDon
Administrator

Some riders are trying to start a Friday The 13th ride similar to the one in Port Hope, Ontario. The first one is Friday, Sept. 13, 2013, in Cochrane. There's no point to this rally other than bike folk getting together to look at and talk about bikes. Who knows where it will grow from there? 

Main Street, Cochrane, between the hotel and the ice cream shop, after work Friday the 13th.

DrifterDon

September 7, 2013 at 1:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Nobeginner

So how many of you hosers are heading to bike night this Thursday? What time does it get started?

September 17, 2013 at 11:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gUbU

Anyone have contacts in Vegas. Going to Laughlin river runi n May, Trailering out of Calgary but would like to temp store truck andtrailer for a week. Want to ride into  and back from the rally.

If anyone knows of a trustworthy contact or secure storagearea that will not cost me a arm/leg drop me a line

ThankX

--

February 14, 2014 at 11:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gUbU

19c. Time to run for black diamond and a burger.  Anyone want to do a meet up.. Leaving south end McKenzie Shell around 6:30

--

April 7, 2014 at 5:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gUbU

Canada Day Ride

Going to make the HWY 40 loop if anyone is interested in joing us.

Plan to be at our place (email for directions at 10:00

planed route is

Calgary to Longview then hwy 40, last reports of the pass is that it is open.. the road was one small detour for a wash out but just a bit of gravel bypass.

Lunch in Canmore then a return down the 1A via Cochrane and home to Calgary

drop us a line if you want to make the run, forcast weather is looking very, very good

--

June 30, 2014 at 11:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.